8 weeks with momo twins and no symptoms?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by twinlizzy, Mar 6, 2009.

1. twinlizzy

twinlizzy Member

Hi everyone-
    I'm new to this forum....just finding out I am pregnant with twins. I freaked out!!! I already have a son (almost 3), my daughter (15 months) and now twins!! We just wanted one more!!! Anyway if that wasn't enough I find out they are possibly momo twins. I'm hoping for a misdiagnosis but we'll see...
    If anyone can share their momo story??? Also, I have virtually no symptoms at all.... slight nausea, infrequent headaches, but pretty moody. Does this sound worrisome?? Any advice or shared experience welcome :rolleyes:

2. njobe

njobe Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to TS! Congratulations on the new babies. I had my first u/s at 8 weeks and my OB said they looked momo too. Turns out identical boys. Membranes are hard to see at 8 weeks. It gets easier over time. An MFM will have a level 2 u/s which also makes it easier to see a membrane. We found the membrane at 16 weeks at my first MFM appointment. In between, i found a great website (before TS) full of lovely ladies that were very helpful and supportive (and great success stories)- www.monoamniotic.org. I still visit there every now and then. Try visiting there for some reassurance and information. Also, I think there is a little section on here that caters to monoamniotic twins. It is very rare, so try not to worry as much as I did before confirmation. I've heard that sometimes they don't find a membrane until week 20. I'm sorry you're having headaches and are moody. Enjoy not being nauseous though!! :)

3. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

Hi! :wavey: Welcome to TS and Congratulations on your Twin Pregnancy!!

I had Zero pregnancy symptoms, no morning sickness nothing. I was worried about it, and talked to my Dr about it and she said that I should consider myself lucky. Also are you saying they are mo/mo because they have not yet seen a dividing membrane? My Dr was not able to see my dividing membrane until 12-13 weeks, so there is still a chance it may be there but it just not be very defined as of yet. If in fact it does turn out to be a correct diagnoses, Here is a sticky about other's Mo/mo experiences that is at the top of the expecting forum under "Complications or Issues During a Twin Pregnancy, Stories from other moms...".

Glad you found this site. I hope you find it to be a supportive, wonderful community as I did. Good Luck!!

4. lromansky

lromansky Well-Known Member

I never had any symptoms...no morning sickness, not even exhaustion. All i had in my first trimester was slight headaches almost daily for about 3-4 weeks. Other than that I felt really good! I kept worrying something was wrong b/c i had no symptoms but apparently I was just lucky!

5. debid

debid Well-Known Member

I had no symptoms other than some fatigue and absence of menses until I started showing... and I went to term with two healthy boys. Lack of symptoms doesn't mean squat. Really, I think they just tell women with bad morning sickness that it means they have a good, strong pregnancy to make them feel better about puking. :lol:

6. Little June Bug

Little June Bug Well-Known Member

Like you, I was just planning on one more. What a shock to find out twins! I had no symptoms either so don't worry about that. After a month of it all settling in, we adjusted mentally and became excited and now estatic that we are having two special babies. It all happens for a reason. You will adjust - really tho, just embrace the news and it will all work out. My DH, it took him a few weeks to be excited about it. He worried about everything from the workload to money but we've made changes to our lifestyle and planned for the arrival of the babies and he has made a complete turnaround.

Relax and take good care of yourself and your babies. :) It does take weeks to get over the shock if you are not planning on more than one.

7. Angelsamb

Angelsamb Well-Known Member

I freaked out too about my symptoms, I actually had similar symptoms to my singelton pregnancy but this time they only lasted about 13 weeks, last time they lasted 20 weeks! I considered myself luck as well.

How were your symptoms on your first 2 pregnancies? That might give you a heads up on your symptoms...

8. Momof2wonders

Momof2wonders Well-Known Member

[SIZE=12pt]Congratulations on expecting twins!!!!!!
    I had no symptoms on my first two pregnancies, this one i just felt a bit nauseaus and really tired. It's different for everyone, don't worry, it's all perfectly normal :D
    [/SIZE]

9. june07girl

june07girl Well-Known Member

Welcome! Congrats on your twins. I had very little symptoms just like the other posters. I had mild nausea and sorda sore boobs but that was it. If I didn't have the positive pee sticks I would never have believed that I was pregnant.

10. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Hi and welcome to TS. :welcome: I didn't have any symptoms at all with either of my pregnancies. I considered myself very lucky. :D

11. flygirlcdh

flygirlcdh Well-Known Member

They saw the separating membrane at 7 weeks for me, but I've heard it's very common to misdiagnose them before 12 weeks. I then had another ultrasound at 8 weeks due to light bleeding and they couldn't find a membrane. I told the guy they had found it the week before so he searched for like 10 or 15 minutes and finaly when he had given up he saw it. It depends on the quality of the machine too I think. The first machine was a lot better than the second.

As for symptoms I did not have one single pregnancy symptom in the first trimester. Well other than if I touched my tongue with a tooth brush I threw up and I felt like I was hungry all the time. But no nausia, vomiting, fatigue. I actually slept less than I did before I was pregnant. I was always worried something was wrong. I got extra ultrasounds done to make sure everything was ok til I hit 14 weeks. I'm a worrier though.

Good luck and hope they find a membrane at your next appt.

12. twinlizzy

twinlizzy Member

A couple answers to your questions....
    Yes I was told there was no membrane between the two. They look so close together!!!! But we will see. I have another u/s on wednesday and appt. with my doc. As far as the symptoms with my other two, I was sick morning, noon, and especially after dinner. Along with all the other signs. Maybe this time I'm just lucky cause God knows I'm in for it once they come???
    I want to thank you all for your responses so far.....It's nice to know I'm not the only one....

13. krisdeb04

krisdeb04 Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome to twinstuf!!! Congrats on the twins!!!! I had my first u/s at 8 weeks and found out I was having twins too...freaked out....we didnt plan a pregnancy, much less twins....but now we are sooo excited!!!! As for the no symptoms.....I never had headaches or nausea at all during my entire pregnancy, but I was moody at times. I'm 31 weeks now, so I doubt I'll be getting any nausea now.....but heartburn is a different story!!!!

14. MusicalAli

MusicalAli Well-Known Member

My first u/s at 7w1d showed identical twins. The tech couldn't find the membrane and I got the whole "momo" speech, which was depressing. The next week we went for a more advance u/d on a better machine and they were able to find the membrane pretty easily. It's not too uncommon with mono-di twins to not see the membrane initially. I also had ZERO symptoms with both of my pregnancies (well, I got sick ONCE with Becca but that was on my sister's wedding day so I think it was a lot of stress, too). COngrats on your babies! KUP.

15. Ali M

Ali M Well-Known Member

Congratulations and welcome to TS! :Clap::Clap:

I do not have experience with the possibilities of momo twins but I can chime in on your worries about your lack of symptoms. I didn't really have any symptoms with my twins. I grew in the belly, was tired, and my taste buds were a little off but that's it. No nausea or anything else. With my first singleton though I was sick, sick, sick during the 1st trimester. After the twins, that morning sickness with the 2nd pregnancy really had me wondering if I was having quads or something! It just goes to show you that every pregnancy is different. :D Congrats again!