Addicted to vacuum cleaners

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by DATJMom, Apr 14, 2009.

1. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

My kids are cleaning freaks. They love the mops, brooms, and vacuum cleaners. If I need a few extra minutes and they are about to meltdown before dinner, I bring out the vacuum cleaners and they go crazy. Then we have to put them away so they can go "night, night." And they ask for them alot. :pardon:

Today we went to Chuck E. Cheese for a birthday party with their older DD and Tyler spotted a vacuum cleaner from across the room. He went tearing over to it passing all sorts of ride on thingys and flashing lights. The only flashing light he saw was the one arrow pointing straight down to the vacuum cleaner. :silly: Then he threw a temper tantrum on the carpet :)bad:) over the fact that he couldnt play with it. Lovely.

So what are everyone's elses kids obsessed with at this age??

2. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

QUOTE(DATJMom @ Apr 14 2009, 02:17 PM) [snapback]1272655[/snapback]
    My kids are cleaning freaks. They love the mops, brooms, and vacuum cleaners. If I need a few extra minutes and they are about to meltdown before dinner, I bring out the vacuum cleaners and they go crazy. Then we have to put them away so they can go "night, night." And they ask for them alot. :pardon:

Today we went to Chuck E. Cheese for a birthday party with their older DD and Tyler spotted a vacuum cleaner from across the room. He went tearing over to it passing all sorts of ride on thingys and flashing lights. The only flashing light he saw was the one arrow pointing straight down to the vacuum cleaner. :silly: Then he threw a temper tantrum on the carpet :)bad:) over the fact that he couldnt play with it. Lovely.

So what are everyone's elses kids obsessed with at this age??

:rotflmbo: Did you ever see the news story about the kid who collects vacuums and restores them?? He's like 12 or something! I wish I could even vacuum when my kids were awake! YouTube clip of the vacuum kid

3. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

:rofl: Oh Rachel, send them over here please! I hate vacuuming!!! Mine will clean the tables if I give them cloths so between the four of them they can dust and vacuum the whole house!

4. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

QUOTE(mommymeg @ Apr 14 2009, 02:24 PM) [snapback]1272672[/snapback]
    :rotflmbo: Did you ever see the news story about the kid who collects vacuums and restores them?? He's like 12 or something! I wish I could even vacuum when my kids were awake! YouTube clip of the vacuum kid

OMG that is priceless. That will be Tyler.

5. stacyw

stacyw Well-Known Member

My kids like the vacuum cleaner as well, but not to that extent. They really like "cleaning" in the sense of wiping things down. So I give them wet wipes and tell them to clean the TV, or the tables, etc. Hey if they like it that much why not put them to work. :spiteful:

6. rissakaye

rissakaye Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Timothy has his own real vacuum. It's a Shark. It's a real vacuum/sweeper. The handle comes in pieces so we only put the first section in. It's also a rechargable, so there is no cord to trip over. He can take it anywhere in the house. I tend to give him assignments, like vacuum his closet, or vacuum under the dining room table. He literally cried for a week when his toy vacuum broke, so he got a real one then.

Marissa

7. Suffmann

Suffmann Member

Besides common vacuumers, I got a robo vacuum cleaner and I find it very useful.

8. Kessedi

Kessedi Well-Known Member

I don't like common vacuum cleaners and that's why I decided to buy a robotic one. Guys, it's something. You can click here to read a roomba 880 vs 870 comparison and choose the one you like. With its help, I don't need to clean rooms as often as I did previously.