Advice on Logistics of Switching Schools

Discussion in 'Childhood and Beyond (4+)' started by Katheros, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

We are moving out-of-state in March so the twins are going to have to switch schools. So I'm wondering what the usual process for this is, do I take their last report cards to the new school or get papers from their old school to take? Call the new school and see what they want? Any advice or 'been there, done that' stories would be helpful!

Right now we are planning on the move being the weekend that starts spring break in the district we're moving to, that way we can move and the twins can settle in before having to go right back to school. Honestly, if it weren't for the baby, I would probably stay here and have the twins finish the school year.

Thanks!

2. sharongl

sharongl Well-Known Member

All you really need to do is go to your current school. They will have a form for you to fill out so they can transfer your records to the new school. When you get to the new school, you show up and fill out paperwork. If you want to be more proactive, you can call the new school and ask if there is anything you can fill out ahead of time.

3. Babies4Susan

Babies4Susan Well-Known Member

I would call the new school and ask what their process is. They should be able to help. We just had a neighbor move in across the street from us, and she had a kindergartner who had to switch to our school (ended up in one of my DD's class). She just called the school and it was pretty easy for her.

4. roy123

roy123 Member

What do you think about the crisis and the decline in living standards.

5. JeremyDenton

JeremyDenton Member

The global crisis is looking for options to extend its power. This is bad news. I recently read an article by the famous economist Brighton Johanson. He said that they should love books and education. The Internet https://gradesfixer.com/free-essay-examples/education/ is the key to economic stabilization. I agree that our brain and Internet resources will help to overthrow the crisis from his golden throne.