Bah! I got the gown from Labor Looks, but

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by TwinsItIs, Jun 26, 2011.

1. TwinsItIs

TwinsItIs Well-Known Member

As I'm getting closer to D day, I'm trying to make this upcoming birth a more positive experience than it was last time. I ordered a laborlooks gown to make me feel a bit more like a mentch as with the huge belly, I needed two gowns last time and it just made me feel even more awful. I didn't realize that if I buy it through babysteals.com, I can't get it exchanged or refunded, which is a big big bummer for me. :( I'm not sure what to do about it now. Do I have a chance in getting it exchanged with laborlooks, even if I bought it on babysteals? I just know that I tried it on as soon as I got it, and felt SO good just looking in the mirror at a starched, ironed, cute gown instead of the ugly royal blue, reds and yellows that I wore last time.

2. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I'd keep it- Day 1 (birth of the babies) you'll be too busy to care, Day 2 you might care and by Day 3 your belly will have gone down some.

3. TwinsItIs

I wanted it for the labor, not for postpartum.

4. cheezewhiz24

Ooh. Now that is a predicament. :huh:

5. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

I don't understand the dilemma?

6. TwinsItIs

Lol! I bought a hospital gown for labor and basically, my belly's too big for it. So I spent 35 bucks (instead of the original price of 60) and can't even use it. I guess it was more of a vent, though I'd love to get ideas as to what I can do to get the right size. :)

7. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

Try to sell it on Craigslist and then buy another?

Good luck!

8. cheezewhiz24

Take it to a seamstress and have them try to add more fabric is my only guess.

Or call the company & tell them your situation. You can 'prove' you haven't used it with a pic of you with a copy of today's paper. :lol:

9. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

Oh, that sucks. I like the seamstress idea. Maybe they could add comfy, elasticized side gussets.

10. borgerfam

borgerfam Well-Known Member

I don't have any tips- but I will say that your post made me realize the gown won't fit me either!

At least I am prepared!

I hope you figure out something that works.

Rebecca

11. JoannaD

JoannaD Well-Known Member

Babysteals has a discussion board where you can post an item that you bought but don't want. I don't know the exact website address, but if you post on theor Facebook page, I'm sure someone there could tell you.

12. TwinsItIs

Thanks for all the ideas. Especially with the newspaper from today's date! Lol!

I wasn't aware of that! Thanks so much!!

13. jessicawebb01

jessicawebb01 Member

Just an FYI, they were back on BabySteals tonight. Maybe you could snag a bigger one and sell yours on eBay or Craiglist. But I also like the seamstress, the only issue would be having extra fabric to take it out. Good luck!