Balance bike

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by 1stbabies, Aug 31, 2013.

1. 1stbabies

1stbabies Well-Known Member

The kids just got the balance bikes this Friday. They seems to like them in the house on and off. Today they switched to their tricycles (after they were on the balance bike a little outside.)

Should we remove the tricycles completely out of sight?

Thanks all for the feedbacks.

2. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I would let them switch back and forth between the two. As they get used to the balance bikes, they'll favor them. :)

3. FGMH

FGMH Well-Known Member

I agree with Rachel - let them go back and forth. I will add though that one of mine favoured the balance bike really quickly and the other stuck to the tricycle for another 6 months or so but then moved to the balance bike like a pro as if he had never done anything else.

4. Lynn76

Lynn76 Well-Known Member

My boys have their scooters and balance bikes. They use whatever they like at the time. They also have a tricycle that turns into a big wheel that they ride too. They just ride whatever gets their attention first!

5. w101ttd

w101ttd Well-Known Member

We have balance bikes and 12 inche bikes. My kids are not into balance bikes that much. They love their 12 inch bikes a lot. They usually bike couple miles at the parks. What I do is take 1 training wheel off of each bike. It works well. We will get scooters soon lol

6. monica77

monica77 Well-Known Member

My kids have tricycles, scooters and balance bikes. They use the balance bikes the most, but at times they use the scooters also. They are not as interested in the tricycles but they ride them once in a while. They are so good with the balance bikes - I think they are ready for regular bikes without training wheels.

7. JessyN

JessyN Well-Known Member

Hey. Good thread! Can you also recommend what bike to buy for my son? He is 15 y.o. Thanks in advance!

8. SabrinaKeep1

SabrinaKeep1 Well-Known Member

Good evening. It depends on what exactly your son likes. How much money can you spend on this purchase? In my opinion such best urban bikes like on BikingBro website are really popular now and young generation like them! Maybe this will be good choice for you. Good luck!