Bike Trailer

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Cindy123, Aug 6, 2007.

1. Cindy123

Cindy123 Well-Known Member

Hi all, just peeking in from the FY forum. I want to buy a bike trailer for the girls and was hoping for some recommendations. I'm not sure of what features I want, but I do know that I want one that the girls would be comfortable in in hot or cold weather. TIA for your help!

2. BettiePage

BettiePage Well-Known Member

We decided to go for an inexpensive one so we could judge better what features we'd like and how much use we thought we'd get out of it. I didn't want to drop $500 on a Burley that ended up parked in the garage all the time, KWIM? So we went with the Kid Karriage from Bike Nashbar and so far we are quite happy with it. It suits our needs just perfectly, is very easy to attach and detach, seems very sturdy and well made, has lots of storage, has a zippered flap that you can fold down if it's rainy or chilly, etc. So far it has done very well.

3. 1girltwinboyz

1girltwinboyz Well-Known Member

Yes I have one and I forget the brand. It converts from bike trailer to double stroller. Its yellow and black. It was great last summer when the boys were 18 months and this summer at 30 months WHOA they are a load to haul. LOL. But they love it! Always wear helmets and remember they do not make helmets small enough for under 1 as it is not safe to use them until the babies are 12-18 months. HTH

4. 1girltwinboyz

1girltwinboyz Well-Known Member

Yes I have one and I forget the brand. It converts from bike trailer to double stroller. Its yellow and black. It was great last summer when the boys were 18 months and this summer at 30 months WHOA they are a load to haul. LOL. But they love it! Always wear helmets and remember they do not make helmets small enough for under 1 as it is not safe to use them until the babies are 12-18 months. HTH

5. mom of one plus two

mom of one plus two Well-Known Member

I bought one at that age. I tried to use it 5 times. They cried the whole time. I tried putting toys in there and giving them bottles. We just put it aside for this year and we will try again next year when they are older.

6. Jaci

Jaci Well-Known Member

Our kids love it!

We live on a great bike path & use it a lot. We bought the Bell, but I'm not pleased with how it's held up (canvas ripped early on and DH has had to fix one of the wheels a few times). We almost bought the Burley one, which was more $$ but was better made. In hindsight, we should have bought the Burley.

7. SweetpeaG

SweetpeaG Well-Known Member

We have the Chariot Cougar 2. It converts from city stroller (like MBUD) to jogger, to bike trailer. You can also purchase seperate attachments to use it as a hiking trailer and even take it XC skiing! We just love it and the boys seem very happy in it. It was pricey, but we liked the fact that it would be used until they are probably 5 or 6 (depending on their weight).

I use mine every single day for our neighborhood walks. We also just came back from vacation at a Resort with 12-miles of paved trails for jogging/cycling and it was wonderful to have there. We have had it since Thanksgiving and feel we have gotten a lot of use out of it and will continue to make it a worthwhile purchase.

8. sam & madi's mom

sam & madi's mom New Member

I have the Bell one also. I use it all the time, at least 3 or 4 times a week. It is very steardy. Never ripped. i like the canvas because I spray it out with a preasure washer and then let it dry in the sun. My gilrs play and giggle while in it. I would definately recomend it.
    HH Tania