Bumbo, Bebepod or Summer Seat

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by twins2008, Aug 15, 2008.

1. twins2008

twins2008 Well-Known Member

Which one do you recommend. My babies are almost 4 months and really want to sit up. I think this may help them to play with toys, round out their flat spots snd help them sit up. Which one did you use, and would you recommend it? TIA.

Jen

2. Dianna

Dianna Well-Known Member

We did the bumbo and had a tray with it. The boys did ok with them. We just stopped using them. Used them for about a month. We moved to high chairs. I did like having the tray b/c I could put toys there to help encourage them to reach for them and pick them up.

Dianna

3. b/gtwinmom07

b/gtwinmom07 Well-Known Member

We had the bumbo also given to me by a friend. I didn't use the other ones to compare so no advice there. We did switch to high chairs a month later also and that helped as well!

4. sbcowell

sbcowell Well-Known Member

We have the bumbo chairs and started using them at around 4.5 months old. They still use them to sit and watch tv, and we use them sometimes in the bathtub.

5. debbie_long83

debbie_long83 Well-Known Member

We also have the bumbos, we've never used the others but I like these.

6. twins2008

Thanks everyone, I guess I will try the bumbo and go from there.

Jen

7. chris629

chris629 Well-Known Member

We had the bumbo and I loved it. I never put it up high (I heard about the safety with those). It was mostly so they could sit up somewhat to play with each other better.

8. ghanigirl

ghanigirl Well-Known Member

I have to admit, I have used all three with my babies. Last month we went back to IL to visit family and my mil got a bumbo seat from a friend's daughter while we visited. I really liked the high back and found that I probably liked that the best. When we got back to AK, I started looking for a bumbo on craigslist and only found a bebepod. I ended up knowing the couple selling it and they are letting me borrow it until these guys grow out of it. :) I like it and we do have the tray, but have only used it without the tray right now. I don't think the back is as high as the bumbo, but seems to be basically the same design.

After I picked that up from my friend's house, I went straight to Wal-mart to pick up the bumbo. Well, they were out. I actually saw the summer seat first and then I noticed that the bumbo was supposed to be right next to it, but was out of stock, so I picked up the summer one instead. I think it has the higher back (like the bumbo), but does not have the middle thing that both the bumbo and bebepod have. It has a seatbelt, however to keep the baby strapped in. I do know that my babies are going to be using the tray that goes with it for a few more months, but figured it had the most versatility. It was also on clearance and that always helps. :)

So, I don't know that I have answered your question, but would recommend the bumbo and the summer seat over the bebepod, but also believe that all three are pretty good in general and figure for as long as they are going to be using them, you are not going to be severely disappointed. Good luck!

9. twins2008

Thank you. I had thought the summer seat would be nice because it could be used for so long, but also like the concept of the others. I don't think any of the stores near me carry the summer seat is the only problem. I will probably just try the bumbo and go from there. Thank you for the comparison. I will definitely not try the bebepod now.

Jen

10. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

We had a bumbo seat, neither really liked it. We actually used boppy pillows on a blanket on the floor. They loved to sit that way and though it was funny to flop back into the pillow too.

11. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We have the bebepods and really like them, they don't have the trays or anything, but they were good to feed them in when they were not quite big enough for the high chair yet. I have not tried the others, so I cannot say much about them. Good luck!