cooking for Dads

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Appymomma, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Appymomma

Appymomma Well-Known Member

Anyone have any easy for Daddy to make recipes? Last night I assisted him in making 3 batches of Lasagna so we could have some heat and eat meals. We have an Italian Style Beef Roll on the list and a few others. Just wondered what some of you have been doing.
    Oh and Italian Sausage, mushrooms, Cheese and Spinach scrambled into some EggBeaters is yummo!!

2. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Have you checked out the cooking forum? There are lots of good ideas in there. Here is a link to freeze and serve meals from the cooking forum.

Also, there are many places online to find simple recipes. I would just try looking online for some ideas. Hope you find something that helps.

3. Marieber

Marieber Well-Known Member

Thanks, Amy. I was also going to direct her to the Cooking Forum (of course!)

Dani, I think you are really smart to be planning ahead (and for involving DH!!!)

4. mandyanna

mandyanna Well-Known Member

Is he a meat and potato guy? Mine loved to make Tater tot casserole, hamburger, cream of whatever soup you like, cheese, and tater tots, he never made it the same way twice he loved to try different ways of making it. Use frozen tater tots layer everything and cook for 45 minutes. Mine was lucky enough to have warm weather he grilled alot which he is good at

5. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Well, Amy pointed you to the thread I was going to point out.

As for easy meals for him to prepare:

I do a chicken/stuffing casserole. I cut up the pieces of chicken, mix Cream of Chicken and Cream of Celery soup with milk (I fill one soup can) and pour it over the chicken, layer swiss cheese and then pepperidge farms stuffing (as prepared on the package). I bake it for 4o minutes at 350.

Baked Ziti....cook the ziti. Mix a jar of tomato sauce with one egg, 1/2 container of ricotta, a cup of mozzarella cheese. mix it all together, sprinkle mozzarella over the top. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

6. Appymomma

Appymomma Well-Known Member

Thanks for the redirect girls!

7. zerenita

zerenita Active Member

:D

I'm not sure my husband could handle any of those. He used to cook before we got married. Now if it's anything besides making spaghetti with a jar sauce it's beyond him.

Luckily, I belong to a MOMS Club and they are bringing me meals every Tuesday and Thursday. Plus my mom will be here soon. She's not the best cook but better than my husband.

8. Suffmann

Suffmann Member

I try to cook healthy and nutritious food. It is awesome but sometimes we don't have enough time for cooking. Frankly speaking, I try to save time on it with special appliances. For example, it's better to prepare eggs on a special omelette pan to make this process easier and the dish tastier. This is a really good device for all people who don't like, say, fast food in the morning.