Diaper Bag Recommendations!

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by momto3under3, May 5, 2010.

1. momto3under3

momto3under3 Active Member

I have twins due in August and DS will be 25 months. I still carry a lot for him when we go out because we're dealing w/ motion sickness. Please recommend your most fabulous diaper bags!!!!

Thanks

2. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Backpack from walmart. And a messenger type school bag from walmart. We used the messenger bag when the twins were born and we had tons of stuff to carry (our dd was 2.5 when they were born), there were lots of pockets and the long handle hung nice over the stroller handle.

Now I use a backpack, also lots of pockets which come in handy!

3. beckman445

beckman445 Well-Known Member

If you want an actual diaper bag and want something that can carry it all...I love my Double from Skip Hop. I had the original messenger size for our first son, but needed something larger for the twins (especially when we're out and about for the day). It opens up nice and wide, so the bottom isn't a dark cave. Lots of pockets inside and out, zippered pocket I use for my stuff, bottle holders on the inside and the outside. It also has the stroller clips you can use without undoing the long strap. It obviously gets heavy when I really stuff it, but when I realize all I'm carrying, it would have to be heavy! :ibiggrin: :

Also, I found mine brand new in an Ebay store and saved about $20. And it will get lots of use, because I'll just use it as a weekend bag when our diaper bag days are over.

Duo Double

Laura

4. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I never did find a diaper bag that I thought was just perfect for the twins. But I have heard a lot of people say the the Skip Hop Duo Double is great! I went through several bags searching for one that worked for me, I wish I had just spent the money & got the Duo Double!

5. kcprochazka

kcprochazka Well-Known Member

I love JuJuBe bags! The BeSpicy is pretty big, or if you think a backpack might work they have a few options. These are real workhorse bags and have so many pockets and great storage. They also have a new one if you have some extra $$ to spend (or maybe mothers's day gift?) It's called the BeFabulous and it looks like it will hold a ton. I have one preordered (should be here next week) and can't wait to get it!

6. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

Me too. I have the Ju Ju Be Packabe backpack. I love it. I only use it for airline travel now. But when they were small I could get all their diapers, clothes, and bottles in there. And when they got older, I could do more clothes, diapers, wipes, snacks, and sippys. Totally worth every penny!! It is 3 years old and still looks great.

7. smiley7

smiley7 Well-Known Member

I just got the landsend diaper bag (back pack). I was considering the skip hop duo but preferred a backpack. I heard lots of great things about it and so I ordered it online. I really like it. For me the adventure of getting two kids out the door was enough to make my head spin <_< so I needed a bag that I could put on my back and be organized. This bag has tons of compartments, a change pad, a waterproof bag for wet stuff and mesh pockets for bottles too! It's pretty inexpensive, I think something like $40 US so you can't go wrong.

Good luck!

8. aussiemom

aussiemom Administrator Staff Member TS Moderator