eating solids...what a mess!

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by Gimena, Feb 26, 2009.

1. Gimena

Gimena Well-Known Member

I thought the babies spitting up due to reflux was a messy....but eating solids is so much worse!

They do wear bibs, my they are very interested in texture, so as soon as I put a spoon of food in their mouth
    their hand goes right in there with it...and they they touch their clothes, the chairs, you name it.....the bibs gets dirty as
    well and they also put that into their mouth as well to get every ounce of food :D

plus they are teething so they drool all they long...I do put bibs on them but they don't really like it....

I think of all the clothes I got for gifts for the first 3 months.... most of it was not used or hardly worn....just looked
    a little used because of the wash... and I used to change them just to change them, not because they were
    dirty....they outgrew it so quickly

Now that they really do need more clothes I have to buy all of it :angry:

I'm thinking of just buying child size white t-shrits and putting it over their clothes to eat :)

2. ohjojo

ohjojo Well-Known Member

i love the idea of the white tshirts over their clothes, but imagine all the food that would get in their hair when you took the tshirts off! :lol:

3. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

i strip my girls for every meal! :lol: i figure it's less work than the extra laundry. :rolleyes:

4. Rach28

Rach28 Well-Known Member

Sounds exactly like my two except they put their hands in their bowls not their mouths! LOL! DD managed to decorate the cupboard today as I didnt get to the spoon in time and she waved it around - ugh!

I put bibs on them that cover their torsos and arms but they still need the occasional change.

I like hte idea of no clothes on them - an idea for the hot weather! Or just chuck them in the pool with clothes on for a swim post-feed :lol:

5. twinnerbee

twinnerbee Well-Known Member

6. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Or you could just take their clothes off and feed them solids in their diapers!

7. rabresch72

rabresch72 Well-Known Member

We usually strip and change after every meal...it's tedious, but necessary!

8. Gimena

Gimena Well-Known Member

Today I put an old receiving blanket around them and it was a lot cleaner...ok so they didn't get to play with
    their food and feel the texture..etc.etc.. but they can do that for dinner before their bath :D