HIgher Rat of Left Handedness in Twins?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Tivanni, May 7, 2010.

1. Tivanni

Tivanni Well-Known Member

I noticed a high number of lefties in twins. When I taught Kindergarten about 1:25 children were left handed. I did some research, wrote an article and put up a poll.

If you are interested I would really love to have some votes to help validate this one way or another :). You don't have to join anything or create an account to vote: Here's the article at HubPages: Left Handedness in Twins and Multiples

Thanks!!
    Sharon

2. Stacy A.

Stacy A. Well-Known Member

I must be blind. Where do you click to actually vote in the poll? I see a place to rate the article and a place to leave a comment, but can't find how to vote.

3. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

Not sure about my kids yet but both my sister and I (ID twins) are left-handed - although I do sports with my right hand.

4. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

my twins are clones of DH and I right down to handedness...DD (looks exactly like me) is right handed and DS (looks just like DH) and is a lefty - writes lefty, paints lefty and eats lefty!

5. Tivanni

Tivanni Well-Known Member

Hi Stacy,
    It should be right under the picture. Let me know if you can see it...or if anyone can tell me. This is my first article so I am still learning how it all works.

Thanks!!
    Sharon

6. j_and_j_twins

j_and_j_twins Well-Known Member

a left and a right here, they are fraternal

7. maybell

maybell Well-Known Member

our twins just turned 2, but for some time we've thought my ds is left handed (like me, my mom and a couple of my husband's relatives too), and my dd is right handed... I guess only time will tell if they stay this way or not.

8. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

I have one of each... DD is right handed and DS is left handed.

9. shoudeshell

shoudeshell Well-Known Member

I have fraternal here, and one is a righty and one is a lefty, too.

10. JessiePlus2

JessiePlus2 Well-Known Member

Ditto.

11. Stacy A.

Stacy A. Well-Known Member

Got it, now. At first it was showing me the poll results and didn't have a place to vote. When I went back today the results were gone and there were some options to chose from.

12. emcavaco

emcavaco Active Member

Same with me - fraternal twin boys - one is lefty, one is righty.

13. melissak

melissak Well-Known Member

mine are frats. I'm pretty sure one is a righty and one is lefty. Both DH and I are righty.

14. brandycaviness

brandycaviness Well-Known Member

I have IDs with a lefty & a righty here.

15. ldrane

ldrane Well-Known Member

One of each....DS is a righty and DD is a lefty.

16. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

That's what it did for me too, so I hit F5 to refresh and then the options popped up.

All righty's here...my husband is really hoping for a lefty for sports reasons, but I don't think so. Sarah used to hit baseballs and golf left handed, but she tends to be more of a righty. she can play sports with either hand if we ask her too, but she does everything else right handed.

17. Sofiesmom

Sofiesmom Well-Known Member

My dd is right handed, my ds is switching but more left handed. Fraternal obviously as well.

18. ktfan

ktfan Well-Known Member

Ours are b/g and both right handed.

19. christineinhk

christineinhk Well-Known Member

wow, what a spooky post.

Our fraternal girls, we have one right handed and one left handed and it was apparent really early on (they are 3 and half now)

20. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

It's too early to tell for sure with my two...but for the past 6 months or so they both really prefer their left hand. Which I thought is kind of strange because the only two people in my family left handed are my nephews and no one in DH's family is left handed. I'll be curious to see if they wind up righties or lefties.

21. snoopytwins

snoopytwins Well-Known Member

Haven't had my boys tested (was told fraternal at birth), but we believe they are ID. One is lefty for sure. Other is mostly lefty but tends to use both interchangeably for things so maybe more ambidextrous.