How old are you twins now? What is your favorite thing about this age?

Discussion in 'General' started by Thomas, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Thomas

Thomas Member

How old are you twins now?

What is your favorite thing about this age?

What age do you miss most?

2. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My twins are 8.
    I think my favorite thing about this age is seeing how independent they are becoming and also their sense of humor. Some of the things they say and come up with leave us laughing and going that's pretty good. I have to add also their imaginations. My kids have always had a pretty good imagination but to see those ideas really develop is pretty cool.

As hard as it was, I do miss the baby stage and the babies to cuddle. That time really does go by so fast.

3. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My two are also 8.
    I love to see how much they are learning now. Plus they are just mostly independent and that's nice!!
    I miss the two year old toddler stage, a lot! It was hard but so much fun too!!

kingeomer likes this.
  4. FGMH

FGMH Well-Known Member

Our twins are 6.
    I love how their reading has developed and that they read real long books and get lost in the stories. I also love how they practice their instruments and that we and they can now play easy pieces together.

I miss the first year - it was the hardest and most awesome experience of my life watching all that development going on, getting to know my babies and their personalities, cuddling, nursing - all of it (except maybe the nights).

5. twin_trip_mommy

twin_trip_mommy Well-Known Member

Twins are 17, triplets are 15.

My favorite thing about these ages is the independence and determination they have. They are becoming young adults with ideas, goals and dreams. To be honest I think I had a favorite thing about every age. I loved each new stage and age as they grew.

What do I miss the most? Their dependence on me and their carefree innocent personalities. I miss the fun little activities I had them do, I miss their dirty little hands and feet and the bathtub filled with tiny dirty bodies. Treasure each moment even the seemingly rough ones.

6. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

My twins are 10 (11 in July).

I love that they are starting to be able to do things themselves, like get themselves lunch. I love when they have 'aha' moments, when the lightbulb comes on.

I miss them at about 2-3 years old. Right now taking them to a store is right up there with getting a colonoscopy. Well, not really... but I get so annoyed taking them grocery shopping.

Evan (vanishing twin) is 8. I miss him when he was an infant/toddler. He is still a very sweet boy!

7. hellybelly

hellybelly Well-Known Member

My twins are almost 12. Where has the time gone!?!

Love their independence now and we still have an amazing relationship.

11 has definitely been the best age. We are able to have amazing conversations together about anything, still young enough to enjoy childhood and family but gaining independence by the day AND they still love my company :D.

Not missing anything at the moment ;)