My babies are here!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by srange, Mar 4, 2008.

1. srange

srange Well-Known Member

Just wanted to pop in and let you all know that my twins were born on 2/19 at 37w. I was set for a section on 2/27, but the babies had other plans. I started having contractions on 2/17. I went to the DR on both 2/18 and 2/19 and then was sent to the hospital. Charlotte was born at 2:38pm weighing 5lb 3oz and Keegan was born at 2:40pm weighing 6lb 9oz. Charlotte was in the NICU for 2 days as she was a little "wet" in her breathing, but has done just fine. Keegan was with us the whole time. Both are champion nursers and sleepers. They slept 6 hours straight last night. I am tandem nursing them both and it couldn't go better. The older kids are doing well too. My 5 year old DD is in love with the babies. She is very helpful, sometimes a bit too helpful. Our 3 year old DS enjoys the babies as well, although not as "helpful".

My recovery has been good. I can live without a c-section ever again though. I have a vein that was cut during the section and lost a lot of blood, but didn't need a transfusion. I also had a lot of reactions/side effects to the spinal and needed 2 "doses" of epinephrine to bring up my pulse from 40 and my blood pressure bottomed out. I also didn't realize how everything is tied to your ab muscles so I didn't realize how sore I would be. Like I said, everyday is better than the day before. The babies are already 2 weeks old, although it seems like they have been with us for months.

Thanks for the support that I have gotten through the pregnancy :D I will try to upload some pictures, when I figure out how to do it. See you in first year.

Stacy

2. Dianna

Dianna Well-Known Member

Congratulations!!!

Glad the babies are doing so well.

Dianna

3. lisaessman@verizon.net

[email protected] Well-Known Member

Congratulations! I am glad you are all doing well. I can't believe they slept for six hours. Wow, my 2 year old still doesn't do that- seriously! I can't wait to see pics, Lisa

4. aimeemolloy

aimeemolloy Well-Known Member

sounds like the babies are healthy and safe!! yeah!!!! I am excited for you.

5. mommymauro

mommymauro Well-Known Member

Congratulations… I will look out for your pics… see you in May in the first year…

Elizabeth

6. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Stacy, congratulations on your babies! :Clap: Can't wait to see pictures!

7. ladybutterflyrose

ladybutterflyrose Well-Known Member

Congratulations!!

8. Reggie95109

Reggie95109 Well-Known Member

Congratulations! Sorry the c-section was rough but hope you are on the mend.

9. twins2008

twins2008 Well-Known Member

Congratulations, glad everything is going so well.

10. Angelaandtwins

Angelaandtwins Well-Known Member

Congratulations!! Looking forward to those pics,
    hoping to be joining you in FY really soon,
    Angela

11. lindsay084

lindsay084 Well-Known Member

:banana: congrats!!

12. Overachiever

Overachiever Well-Known Member

Congratulations and :birthday: to Charlotte and Keegan! I love their names btw. Both of those were on our list at one point.
    Great weights and good cookin' mama! I hope your recovery is speedy.

13. cheriek

cheriek Well-Known Member

congrats!! thats wonderful u have them both great nursers:) cant wait to see pics!

14. Twinnylou

Twinnylou Well-Known Member

Congratulations! x

15. mairoge

mairoge Well-Known Member

CONGRATS! :rolleyes: :itwins:

16. HRE

HRE Well-Known Member

Congratulation! Enjoy this sweet new baby time!