Newbie saying "Hello"

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by inglewood2007, Nov 15, 2011.

1. inglewood2007

inglewood2007 Member

Hi, I am 16wks pg with Monochorionic Diamniotic Twins which will be born around 3rd April 2012 at 36wks (roughly). I have 5 and 9 yr old boys and these 'babies', although planned, we didn't expect 2! My husband is a twin (has a sister) although we know ID twins are random, we're still in a bit of shock! lol I am scanned every 2wks at the moment and se my consultant 4wkly unless need to see her in-between. I had a scan today and sadly couldn't be told the gender! Have never known before, but would like to know the gender this time round.... might find out in 2-4wks, depending if babies co-operate!

This site was recommended to me as a great support network and I look forward to chatting to some of you. x

2. twinkler

twinkler Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to TS! You will love this site, some very very lovely ladies and lots of helpful advice if you need it!

I had a mono-di pregnancy also, with no TTTS complication thankfully, with fortnightly scans, I now know more than I've ever thought possible about this type of pg so any questions please ask!

Looking forward to seeing you around the forum..

3. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

Congrats and welcome! I also had a mono/di pregnancy with scans every 3 weeks and 2 NSTs per week from 24 weeks on. Looking forward to getting to "know" you!

4. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Welcome to TS and congrats on your babies!

5. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Welcome to TS and congrats on #3 and #4! And welcome to the club! :wub:

6. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Welcome to TS, congrats on your twin pregnancy!! We are so glad you are here!
    I hope you get to see the gender at your next u/s, you'll have to keep us posted!

:welcome:

7. I'm expecting Mo-Di twins also :) Due 6/23 I think I'll have them at 36 weeks as well. Very exciting!

8. P.S - This is also #3 and 4 for us as well lol.

9. Henderson

Henderson Well-Known Member

Aww welcome!!! You will find lots of support here!! Goodluck honey!

10. ward

ward Well-Known Member

Congratulations!!! This site was a great help to me when i was going through my pregnancy with my girls. I have made some dear friends and im sure you will as well.

11. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:welcome: to Twinstuff!!

12. inglewood2007

inglewood2007 Member

Thanks for all your lovely replies!! Very welcoming! Just trying to get time to browse around the site and get to know where things are, what a great site though! So glad it was recommended to me. x

13. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

My 40 week due date with my twins was May 5th, so I was almost exactly where you are at this time! I was getting monthly scans (my twins are fraternal) and they couldn't tell the sex until the end of December. I only remember that because my family wanted to know for Christmas gifts.

Congrats and good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!

14. inglewood2007

inglewood2007 Member

Thanks!! I hope they can tell me the sex on tues at my 18wk Scan, but more likely to be like you in Dec (13th). When did you have the twins? how many wks? x

15. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

Mine were born on May 5th, at 40 weeks.

16. inglewood2007

inglewood2007 Member

wow, you did so well to get to 40wks! My husband was born at 40wks with his sister (Vaginal birth), My babies have been overdue and 3 days early (both c-section, medical probs), so it will be strange having early babies at 36wks.

17. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!! And welcome to the TS family!!!