One just doesn't need as much sleep as the other...

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Andi German, May 10, 2009.

1. Andi German

Andi German Well-Known Member

Elliot does 7pm-7am and naps between one half to 2 half hours - so he usually does about 14 hours per day.
    Max does 7pm - 5.30 and naps around 2 hours - so he does about 12 half hours per day. Not that much less but he just generally doesn't seem to need as much sleep as Elliot. Anyone else experience this?

2. sbcowell

sbcowell Well-Known Member

yup, my two are the same way, DD needs more sleep (15-16hrs/day), and DS could easily survive with about 13-14hrs.

3. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

One of my DDs has always been a better sleeper.

4. E&Msmom

E&Msmom Well-Known Member

Same here! DD needs her beauty rest while DS can get by on way less!!!
    they both do 12 hours at night, but DD naps much longer and sometimes more often than DS.

5. cheesehead4girl

cheesehead4girl Well-Known Member

my dd is always the first one up in the morning and from naps. ds would easily sleep til 8 am and take 3 hour naps but she won't let him. their cribs are beside each other and she will throw their soft toys at him til he wakes up! also, she will get very mad if he won't wake up!! i know she can take long naps because she's done it a few times but most days she only wants to sleep about 1 1/2 hours. i always hope that she will sleep at least 2 hours to give me a decent break.

tanya

6. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

Yes, Derek needs less sleep than Tyler and now that they are in beds and waking each other up in the morning and after a nap it makes things a bit more tricky to make sure they they are both getting the sleep they need.

7. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My DD seems to need more sleep then DS. They usually sleep the same amount hours at night but she seems to need longer naps then he does.

8. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My two are about the same, sometimes one is having a better day than the other but they are typically the same.