Pediasure - my lifesaver - and the devil!

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Kcampbell, Apr 12, 2007.

1. Kcampbell

Kcampbell Well-Known Member

I started giving Cody Pediasure right before bed in hopes that he would SLEEP. Well, two nights in a row - he has slept from 7:30 to 7am!!! Before this he would get up at 2am and SCREAM SCREAM SCREAM until we put him in bed with us. So, Pediasure was becoming my best friend :) Until I tried to give him milk today - which was NOT chocolate like his Pediasure was. ACK! He wouldn't drink it! I tried warming it up, still wouldn't drink it. Then I did the bad thing and added a little Hershey's syrup, and he gobbled it right down!! :eek: So, I'm off to the store tonight to get more Pediasure - in vanilla! Hopefully he will be able to go back and forth between regular milk and vanilla Pediasure without throwing a hissy :) I don't know what is in that Pediasure that is letting him sleep though. His sister sleeps fine all night without it and is 6 pounds less than him! Whatever works! :good:

2. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

I give Jessy all flavors of Pediasure and she has never made a fuss between having milk or pediasure. You might also try carnation instant breakfast which you add straight to milk as it is cheaper(a whole lot 4 dollars for a box of like 15 packets) and see if he sleeps just as on it. Jessy likes the orange cream pediasure best. If he has trouble going from regular milk to pediasure you might try adding vanilla yogurt to his milk(at least its less sugary than the chocolate). The things we do for our kids.

3. MommyTo3andCounting

MommyTo3andCounting Well-Known Member

:banana: Yea for sleep! You've created a chocolate monster, LOL
    Hopefully the vanilla does trick for you.

4. kaysyd

kaysyd Well-Known Member

That's the way it works, doesn't it? Go figure!

5. Kcampbell

Kcampbell Well-Known Member

Thanks!

I will definitely try the Carnation Instant Breakfast. I don't know how long we'll have to "load him up" before bed to keep him sleeping. But the Pediasure is expensive!! And I learned my lesson with the chocolate! :fool:

6. MLH

MLH Well-Known Member

Just and FYI, Target has their brand of Pediasure for about $2.00 cheaper than the Pediasure brand. My DS drinks it instead of milk to pack on some weight and he loves the vanilla flavored.

7. frain2005

frain2005 Well-Known Member

We have both of ours on pedisure. In the beginning I couldn't get mine to drink milk at all. At first we mixed half and half pedisure with milk. After a few times we would put less pedisure and more milk. Now they will drink both alone and have no issues. They do like the carnation instant breakfast, and it helps with weight gain issues as well. I have to give 3 bottles per day per child....I feel your pain about the cost. Because our pedi says it is medically necessary, We have our insurance pay for the most part but we have to pay for the rest. Good luck with your chocolate monster and hope he likes the vanilla too, and will go back to milk too!

8. Ningrao

Ningrao Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Kcampbell @ Apr 12 2007, 02:52 PM) [snapback]216429[/snapback]
    I started giving Cody Pediasure right before bed in hopes that he would SLEEP. Well, two nights in a row - he has slept from 7:30 to 7am!!! Before this he would get up at 2am and SCREAM SCREAM SCREAM until we put him in bed with us. So, Pediasure was becoming my best friend :) Until I tried to give him milk today - which was NOT chocolate like his Pediasure was. ACK! He wouldn't drink it! I tried warming it up, still wouldn't drink it. Then I did the bad thing and added a little Hershey's syrup, and he gobbled it right down!! :eek: So, I'm off to the store tonight to get more Pediasure - in vanilla! Hopefully he will be able to go back and forth between regular milk and vanilla Pediasure without throwing a hissy :) I don't know what is in that Pediasure that is letting him sleep though. His sister sleeps fine all night without it and is 6 pounds less than him! Whatever works! :good:

i was reading your post....mind if i ask you how old are your twins...mine are 14 months and its so hard at nite they dont sleep thru...maybe if i can give Antonio Pediasure it would be good for him and help him sleep longer..

9. Steve Chutiya

Steve Chutiya New Member

Hi Kcampbell,

It's great to hear it works well for you. I've been giving Pediasure to my kids too and it helps increase their appetite, plus they love the taste of Pediasure Vanilla as compared to regular milk.

10. rafia

rafia New Member

Yes i endorse that pediasure is really good for a toddler. The best one is vanilla flavor as it resembles with the vanilla custard as well. lol so it plays its trick. <a href="https://bestbabyessentials.com">5 point harness booster seat over 60 pounds</a>