Sticky chairs solution:)

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by MrsWright, Sep 13, 2011.

1. MrsWright

MrsWright Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I know we all hate cleaning high chairs so I was ecstatic when the boys started sitting at the table with no boosters or high chairs...until they rubbed their greasy, grimy, sticky hands allllllllllll over my chairs! I was so tired of cleaning them that I told my Mom I was going to just look for some cheap chair covers to put in the washer once a week. My mother is a genius sometimes I tell ya....PILLOW CASES!!:) Seems so simple and I'm sure someone else has thought of it, but sometimes it seems the simplest things I can not come up with a solution to!

Just thought I would share;)

2. maybell

maybell Well-Known Member

awesome! I just have the bottoms that are cushioned on our chairs, and I made a vinyl seat cover for their dining room chairs when I put the booster seats on there... but pillow cases are genius if they fit!

3. ohd1974

ohd1974 Well-Known Member

BRILLIANT!!! I am so stealing this idea! Thank your mom for me.

4. stefwebb

stefwebb Well-Known Member

Awesome for us too - for another reason. We recently went back to boosters when the boys wouldn't sit still long enough to actually eat. The new boosters are sticking to the wooden backs of our chairs and ruining them though. So thanks to your mom!!

5. debbie_long83

debbie_long83 Well-Known Member

Thank you! we have cushioned chairs and have always kept a towel under the their booster seats to protect the upholstery on the chair. Now that they are out of boosters, we still have them sit on the towel. (And they still manage to get stuff on the cushion...) The pillowcase is a great idea for the back of the chairs though! Ours can get pretty grody...

6. AmberG

AmberG Well-Known Member

Thanks! Great idea! We tried it yesterday and it seems to work well.