They are SO WEIRD! Trading places...

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by debid, Sep 27, 2008.

1. debid

debid Well-Known Member

This morning, the boys decided they wanted to switch beds. They moved their pillows and blankets and stuffed animals (flinging them across at each other) and then climbed into the opposite bed from the one they've used each and every day since they were separated at 7 months. They marvelled at the different view (different windows, different part of the yard because the beds are at a corner of the house). When naptime came around, they insisted that they were staying in their "new bed". They went to sleep tonight in the opposite bed as well.

Anyone else go through this? I'm hoping there isn't a fight coming when one decides the arrangement was fun and temporary while the other was seeking a more permanent change :unsure:

2. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

My girls did this with their cribs this past spring. They both decided that they wanted to try each other's bed for a while. It only lasted about a week and they both decided to go back to their own beds. I guess once the new wore off they were ready to go back. There wasn't any fight, they just decided they were ready for their own crib. They have never wanted to change again.

3. anicosia

anicosia Well-Known Member

This happens around here on occasion. Switching car seats is the one that kills me since straps must be adjusted. There have been a few occasions where I've gone to check on them at night to find them curled up in the same bed and caught myself wondering how thier toes don't end up in each others noses.

4. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

Mine have tried to switch into another bed several times but we haven't allowed it. If when they are closer to T&T's age, I think we will just let them.

5. Becky02

Becky02 Well-Known Member

My girls have switched beds a few times. Sometimes it's just for the night and others it's for longer. They have fought every now and then too and my answer is usually well if you sister wants her bed back that's her choice. So sometimes there is a little crying but it doesn't last long. I have also had to switch their beds a couple of times because one of them likes to sleep near the window (because of room size one bed is near a window and the other is on the opposite wall with no window) and she had a habit of waking up in bad weather because she could hear rain pounding on it and since my other one is a sound sleeper they got switched. I don't see a big deal in it, if they want to do it and are both happy with it let them. Now if only one wants to do it then that's when it causes problems and I sometimes had to make a deal with them and bed switching. Now that they are older they don't really switch beds anymore they are happy where they are.