throwing up pink

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by slr814, Aug 6, 2008.

1. slr814

slr814 Well-Known Member

the last few times I've thrown up I've noticed a tiny bit of pink even though I haven't eaten anything pink or red. Well, I just threw up, and there was a lot of orangy pink stuff that tasted funny. Has anyone else thrown up blood, and how did it look like? My stomach also hurts; not just nausea, but real pain. I'm going to call my Dr tomorrow, but I'm pretty worried right now.

2. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

I have no experience with that, but I would definitely say that if you are worried you should call your Dr. today. It is so much better to be safe than sorry. I hope all is well. Keep us posted!

3. slr814

slr814 Well-Known Member

The only reason I haven't called the Dr right away is that the office is closed, and I don't feel like this is enough of an emergency to page. I wonder if my stomach is getting super irritated from all this throwing up. Before I got pregnant the last time I threw up was 8 yrs. ago. This is my first pregnancy, since my DD is adopted, so I really don't know what to expect.

4. AshleyLD

AshleyLD Well-Known Member

I still say call!! What if you have an ulcer or something..? Throwing up blood is nothing to mes around with. Have that DR paged! Thats what they are there for!

5. Erineliza

Erineliza Well-Known Member

I agree with pp's thoughts. Call the Dr. If nothing else it will ease your mind.

6. tamaras

tamaras Well-Known Member

Just checking in to see if you called your Dr??
    I hope you are feeling better :hug99: and please keep us posted ~

7. Neumsy

Neumsy Well-Known Member

Definately call! It could be an irritated esophagus and/or acid burn if you're repeatedly not throwig up much or have the dry heaves. I throw up pink if I get the stomach flu. And as a lady pregnant with twins, ANYTHING you feel uncomfortable about is reason enough to call. Remember, you're paying your doctors salary. (Even if you pay for the insurance or pay the taxes that pay it, it's the same thing.) He works for YOU!

8. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Just checking as well to see if you called your OB? Hope you are feeling better. :hug99:

9. slr814

slr814 Well-Known Member

Well, I called my Dr, and she said it was most likely an irritated esophagus, but to call back if I'm throwing up more blood. Like pp said, I do dry heave a lot. Even if I have food in my stomach, I'll keep heaving after there's nothing left. My Dr did say that she could give me a prescription for nausea/ throwing up if I wanted, but I'm only throwing up about once a day, and am wary of taking any meds while pregnant, unless absolutely necessary. Has anyone here taken anything for nausea, and did it help?

10. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I'm glad you called your Dr. :) I believe you can take Phenergan while pregnant. Hopefully it will go away soon. :hug99:

11. slr814

slr814 Well-Known Member

Thanks! I have been feeling better, and didn't throw up at all yesterday. :D Hopefully I'm out of the worst of it.

12. artemis

artemis Well-Known Member

That's good news, if anything your body at least got a rest yesterday!

In case it comes back, there was a recent thread about morning sickness where phenergen and zofran were discussed. It should answer some of your questions about possible medications!