what is the craziest twin names you have heard?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Br00klineBabe, May 28, 2007.

1. Br00klineBabe

Br00klineBabe Well-Known Member

Today I met a twin set names Nicole and Micole. I have never heard anything like this before. Well, once I met boy twins names Luke and Duke.

Let me corrrect myself......I said craziest, what I mean is the most outrageous or rhyming twin names. After I posted it I realize that it could be offensive.

2. Br00klineBabe

3. mamabear023

mamabear023 New Member

I work at an optometrists office and about a month ago, a set of twins came in thier names were:

Jeremyah (jer-my-a) and
    Jeremyrah (Jer-my-rah)

they also had middle names with one letter difference but I don't remember the name. Their dad's name was Jerome.

4. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My neighbor is a teacher and says she had twins in her class name LeWasher and LeDryer

LOL :lol:

5. Br00klineBabe

QUOTE(AimeeThomp @ May 29 2007, 07:35 PM) [snapback]271968[/snapback]
    My neighbor is a teacher and says she had twins in her class name LeWasher and LeDryer

OMG!!! That is out there!!!!

6. TwinMama6

TwinMama6 Well-Known Member

I have never heard crazy/wierd ones and don't really know any twins IRL now,but here are a few I grew up with:

Jeanette and Jeanene
    Stacy and Tracy
    Bob and Bill
    Kevin and Keith
    Sonia and Sofia
    Lisa and Lori
    Jeff and Joe
    Kathy and Krissy

OH! This one is kinda wierd
    Bobby and Robby , frats twins,looked nothing alike,(I dated one) but wierd cuz they both come from Robert! LOL!

7. latb611

latb611 Well-Known Member

My DH has identical twin uncles named Harry and Larry and I knew twins named Jeanette and Janice.

8. twinsmama11305

twinsmama11305 Active Member

I don't know if it is wierd - but my girls' names are Gina Marie and Dina Marie.

I almost named them Isabella and Gabriella, but my cousin had a little girl a month before me and announced she was going to name her Gabrielle... So I decided on Gina and Dina. Of couse, when her baby was born she was named Kaitlyn Rose... Go figure!

9. Manda2059

Manda2059 Well-Known Member

Some twins I have heard of or was friends with:

Lisa and Laura
    Jonny and Matt
    Jennifer and Jessica
    Jude and Judy.....bet that was confusing
    Riley and Holden (b/g)
    Jack and James

that's about it...nothing too crazy.

10. rayelynn

rayelynn Well-Known Member

I have friends from highschool that are fraternal twins named Lisa Minnette and Laura Marie. I also know Candy and Ctaci (they have a brother named Cterling). Connie and Bonnie (I knew one set, a friend's mom is one of another set).

A similar question recently came up on a local radio show. A caller said that she used to work for DHS and had a case of twins by the name of Lemonjello and Orangejello pronounce LeeMonjellow and ORangejello. Maybe their mom had something for jello?

11. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

Mine probably qualify but it's tradition. They are:

Jazzlyn Ranee "Jazzy" and Jesslyn Dunae "Jessy"
    My grandfather's cousin's are Luther & Lewis
    The twins cousins are McCaitlyn "Catie" & McKenzie "Kenzie"

I also have family members not twins who are Jenae, Jenine and Jeanette

I know a set of b/g twins who are Angel & Adrienne
    And my sister swims with Emily and Ella

12. twinstuff-old

twinstuff-old Well-Known Member

QUOTE(AimeeThomp @ May 29 2007, 02:35 PM) [snapback]271968[/snapback]

That one reminds me of the old joke about the woman who goes into labor and has to be driven to the hospital by her brother. She surprisingly gives birth to twins and is so excited that she gives her brother the honor of naming her girl/boy twins. He says he would like to name the girl Denise. That's not too bad, she thinks to herself. She asks him what he wants to name the boy. Denephew, he answers.

13. sw

sw Member

QUOTE(TwinxesMom @ May 30 2007, 06:34 PM) [snapback]273297[/snapback]

Sorry for the question, english is not my first language, but is there any difference in pronunciation between Jessy and Jazzy?

14. TwinxesMom

Jazzy is pronounced Jah Zee (like Jazz music with an ee at the end) Jazzlyn is Jazz(as in the music) with lyn on the end
    Jessy is pronounced Jeh See (like the biblical Jesse) Jesslyn is Jehs with lyn on the end

Does that help?

15. prairiemom3

prairiemom3 Well-Known Member

I went to school with a Della and Delta, my cousins names are Larry and Garry

16. monie rose

monie rose Well-Known Member

I had friends in high school who were id twins and they were named Laura and Laurae.

17. betseeee

betseeee Well-Known Member

QUOTE(TwinxesMom @ May 30 2007, 06:34 PM) [snapback]273297[/snapback]

Hey, can I ask you a dumb question? Your signature says "Jazzy and JessySue" but there's no "Sue" anywhere in Jesslyn's name! Is it just a nickname because you're TabbiSue or is it part of her legal name? This earthshattering dilemma has been keeping me up at night! :p

18. twinmom07

twinmom07 Member

I once knew two brothers (not twins) who were named Colby and Jack. lol does that count?

19. TwinxesMom

QUOTE(betseeee @ Jun 1 2007, 09:22 PM) [snapback]276560[/snapback]
    Hey, can I ask you a dumb question? Your signature says "Jazzy and JessySue" but there's no "Sue" anywhere in Jesslyn's name! Is it just a nickname because you're TabbiSue or is it part of her legal name? This earthshattering dilemma has been keeping me up at night! :p

Jessy Sue is her nn. A) after me my name is Tabatha Sue B) because my mom always sings bobby sue to her and just changes it Jessy Sue

I call Jazzy, Jazzy Boo sometimes

20. OctoberBabies

OctoberBabies Well-Known Member

I don't know of any with out of the ordinary names. But when I was pregnant, my son referred to his sisters as "B" & "A". There was a woman that I worked with who tried her hardest to come up with two girl name for me, that began with "B" & "A". Every time I saw her, she would have a list. And some of, well actually most, were doozies. There were quite a few names that I don't think you would find in baby naming books. Some sounded like she was actually making them up, but she was seriously trying to help me. She tried to keep them related, too - like Belle and Arielle (Disney princesses). Thank goodness she wasn't the one having twins. ;)

21. betseeee

betseeee Well-Known Member

QUOTE(TwinxesMom @ Jun 7 2007, 01:01 AM) [snapback]282431[/snapback]
    Jessy Sue is her nn. A) after me my name is Tabatha Sue B) because my mom always sings bobby sue to her and just changes it Jessy Sue

I call Jazzy, Jazzy Boo sometimes

Aww, that's cute! Thanks for answering. :)

22. TwinxesMom

The girls were almost Lillian Ranee and Jillian Dunae but I don't like Jill

23. k3ilala

k3ilala New Member

Let's see i have a bunch of twin cousins
    Jeffrey and Jamie
    Kiana and Keione *key uhn*
    *older set around 40* Barbara and Martha
    Aaron and Erin
    too many to name

i was thinking of naming my twins

kae and kai
    or
    kei and kai <_< *androgynous names i think* :rolleyes:

:D

24. Br00klineBabe

I have another one....

A friend told me that she met a set of b/g twins named

Alexander and Alexandra.

25. TwinMama6

TwinMama6 Well-Known Member

I considered Chloe and Zoe for g/g,good thing I had b/g!! :p

26. kmd2003

kmd2003 New Member

My husband and I were at Babies R Us not too long ago and saw a new mother. I'm not sure of the spelling but her boys were Devin and Devon.

Through my work we had the infamous Peter Paul and Paul Peter twins. :D They were always getting in trouble with the law and would use each others names.

And I dated a guy whose twin brothers were Anthony Joseph and Joseph Anthony.

27. Lcoots

Lcoots Well-Known Member

In HS I knew triplets, 2boys and 1 girl they were

Ronnie
    Donnie
    Connie

28. flamsterette

flamsterette Well-Known Member

QUOTE(rayelynn @ May 29 2007, 10:00 PM) [snapback]272701[/snapback]
    A similar question recently came up on a local radio show. A caller said that she used to work for DHS and had a case of twins by the name of Lemonjello and Orangejello pronounce LeeMonjellow and ORangejello. Maybe their mom had something for jello?

Urban legend.

29. tazzymoto

tazzymoto Member

I heard about a set of quintuplets born near me to parents Miguel and Rosa.

They had a 2 year old son named Miguel

The quintuplets were named: Miguel Angel, Angel Miguel, Edward Miguel, Miranda Angelina, and Ashanti Angeliz.

I think that is about as crazy as you can get!

30. Susanna+3

Susanna+3 Well-Known Member

My grandfather had frat brothers... I know their names were rhyming...but I can't remember them right now..preggo brain! and they were long dead before I was born..

but he had b/g twin cousins who were named Paul and Pauline.... never have trouble remembering that...

31. pink and blue mom

pink and blue mom Well-Known Member

These id twins that went to my school were named:I thought these were hillarious!
    Orangejello-"OranGello"
    Lemonjello- "LemanGello"

32. ****mws****

****mws**** Banned

33. JustUs4

JustUs4 Well-Known Member

A pediatrician I met on a trip to New York said that she had a mother who named her g/g twins Twina and Twinba...as in Twin A and Twin B...she had to have been joking, right???

34. melissak

melissak Well-Known Member

My grandpa was Ronal and his twin was Donal

35. stacyann_1

stacyann_1 Well-Known Member

I read the orangejello and lemonjello in a book called freakenomics..

Anyway, I went to school with a Stacey and Tracey (both girls - identical) and recently met a Stacy(Male) who had a twin sister (Tracy) I guess it is a popular combination.

There is a mommy on twinstuff who has 2 girls - Mya and Mia.. both beautiful names, but very close in spelling.

:)
    Stacy